Thursday, October 06, 2005

It's Kili time!!!

I took this picture from my hotel balcony after arriving in Moshi this evening. Isn't she just gorgeous?! Tomorrow i embark on my attempt to climb Kilimanjaro - and i am sooo excited!!

If successful, it will take me seven days.. so you won't be hearing from me for awhile. If unsuccessful, i will come back early and probably not post anything to keep you wondering.. haha! Truth is.. unsuccessful just isn't in my vocabulary.

Climbing Kilimanjaro.. the tallest freestanding mountain in the world.. this is what i have read all about and trained for months to do.. this is what i came for! Wish me luck!!!

5 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John!

It's a lot of fun to read of your adventures and see all of these pictures. I love that you need a mosquito net INSIDE of your roach hotel. :0) If it's not illegal, will you please bring my back a small stone or pebble from Mt. Kilamanjaro? See ya- or better yet, hear from you in 7 days!

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you are going to be successful! I look forward to reading about your climb in about a week.

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're going to kick kilimanjaro's ASS. that mountain has got nothing on you, kid.

good luck, john. you're awesome! and then some.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnnie boy, T-Bone from sd here. your blog site kicks ass. I can't wait to here about Kili-Time.And when your journeys over there's a beer waiting for you on cape May in O.B. Good luck buddy.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger SL said...

It feels like it's been FOREVER since you last posted! Impatiently waiting to hear back on your adventure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home